Pull-Apart Stuffing Bread
The ultimate side dish: A biscuit filled with a savory sausage and herb stuffing, on a bed of turkey gravy.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook sausage. After 8 minutes add diced vegetables and herbs. Cook until onions are soft.
- Stir in butter, stock and milk. Bring to a boil. Stir in stuffing, cover and remove from heat. Let rest 5 minutes. Remove lid and fluff with fork, cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, unroll crescent dough and pinch together seams to create 1 large sheet with each package of crescent roll dough. Cut each rectangle into 8 pieces and evenly distribute stuffing between the 16 pieces.
- Coat a 9x9-inch pan with cooking spray. Place any remaining stuffing on bottom of pan.
- Roll each ball in crushed french fried onions and place in prepared pan so balls are touching. Sprinkle any remaining crushed onions on top of balls and bake for 28 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat gravy in a small saucepan over medium heat. Pour onto serving dish and place stuffing balls on top. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen