Cauliflower Spinach Mac & Cheese
Extra boost of veggies in your favorite mac & cheese!
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large stockpot, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add onion and celery and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until soft. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Add cauliflower and chicken broth. Simmer for 10 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Return mixture to pot.
- Melt cheese in microwave for 2 minutes, in 30 second intervals, stirring. Add to pot with cauliflower, stir and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and stir into sauce until thoroughly coated. Add spinach, stir to combine.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-inch pan.
- Melt remaining butter and add to crushed crackers. Sprinkle on top of macaroni and bake for 15 minutes.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen