December 31, 2013 – The ALDI Test Kitchen tried, tasted and tweaked recipes until they achieved culinary perfection (and until we couldn’t eat anymore!) before we shared them with you, our dear ALDI shoppers. We’ve created more than 140 recipes in 2013 using only ingredients you can find at ALDI.
As the end of the year draws near, we wanted to share our absolute favorites from 2013 with you, just in case you missed them.
20. Lime-Orange Cupcakes – Cupcakes that make an ideal summer dessert. Tastes light and fruity.
19. Blue Cheese Cornbread Pulled Pork Sandwich – This recipe got us into major tailgating mode. Little pulled pork sliders are ideal for the always-standing tailgating fans.
18. Mango Shrimp Salsa – Colorful, bright, sweet and light.
17. Fruity Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches – Kids and adults will love this recipe. The colors and flavors are hard to resist!
16. Parmesan Zucchini – A healthy side dish that turns zucchini haters into zucchini lovers.
15. Seared Top Sirloin Salad with Blue Cheese and Fried Onions – Bring the fancy restaurant feel home by making your own top sirloin salad.
14. Pot ‘o’ Gold Soup – Hearty Irish stews and soups are good enough to enjoy anytime, not just March 17!
13. Lemonade/Limeade Three Ways – Refreshing, light drinks that can be enjoyed anytime (but we prefer summertime).
12. I Heart Chocolate Crepes – Breakfast? Dessert? Breakssert? We won’t judge.
11. Buffalo Chicken Bites – Hard to eat just one. Double the recipe, just to be safe.
10. Loaded Potato Skins – Top with anything you’d like! Loaded potato skins are a great, portable appetizer for parties and tailgating fun.
9. Cranberry Shrimp Ceviche Cups – We felt fancy eating a refreshing ceviche made with ALDI ingredients. The cranberries add a nice touch of fall and winter.
8. Easy Chicken and Dumplings – Although this recipe was sampled in the summer, we loved feeling like we could eat this warm dish for the chilly days ahead.
7. Potato Flatbreads – ALDI fans went nuts for this gluten-free appetizer idea. And topping choices are endless!
6. Spinach Artichoke Bread – It’s like spinach artichoke dip ready to be eaten on warm, slightly crusty French bread.
5. Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese – We LOVE jalapeño poppers and grilled cheese. The Test Kitchen united them in one delicious, vegetarian-friendly meal.
4. Oven Fried Queso Jalapeños with Strawberry Salsa – Spicy lovers beware, this dish is delightfully addicting!
3. Sweet Potato Sweet Rolls – Better than a regular cinnamon roll. You’d never guess there was sweet potato in it.
2. Baked Veggie Tortilla Triangles – Originally developed as a kids’ back-to-school snack, we found ourselves wanting to make this recipe for any party!
1. Shrimp and Avocado Salad – This recipe tops the list for one reason: We couldn’t stop talking about it! Even months after sampling it, this recipe remained the talk of the Test Kitchen. Try it for yourself; you’ll be amazed with what you can pull off with ALDI ingredients in your kitchen.
Which ALDI Test Kitchen recipe did you rave about this year? Tell us in the comments!