May 27, 2014 – If you’re a coconut oil enthusiast, then this will be music to your ears: ALDI stores will be carrying organic coconut oil as a Special Buy this week! But hurry, Special Buys are available for a limited time only. If you’ve never used coconut oil before, then you’re in for a real treat! Our coconut oil is free of chemicals, colors and fragrances – plus, it has a faint scent and flavor, making it easy to enjoy if you’re not always a coconut lover.
It’s not just for cooking, either! In fact, many of its uses have nothing to do with the kitchen at all. Here are some of our favorite ways to use it:
- Baking Substitute: At room temperature, coconut oil takes on a more solid form, similar to butter. This makes it a great sub for baking. If your recipe calls for oil or melted butter, you can gently heat your coconut oil to a temperature of 76 degrees or more (easy trick: run the jar under hot water for a few seconds).
- Sautéing and Stir-Frying: Coconut oil has a high smoke point (meaning you can get it really hot without it burning), making it excellent for high-temp cooking like sautés and stir fries.
- Drizzle on…Anything!: You name it, you can top it! Coconut oil’s light flavor and texture adds a little extra “something, something.”
- Hot Coffee and Tea: Add a spoonful to your coffee or tea for a mild flavor enhancer.
- Toast Topper: Ditch the butter and go coco.
- Smoothie Add-In: Toss a spoonful into the blender with your favorite smoothie concoction.
Personal Care Uses:
- Lip Balm: Moisturizes cracked and chapped lips.
- Eye Makeup Remover: Wipe away mascara and liner with ease. Wash your face as you normally would afterward.
- Dry and Sensitive Skin: Coconut oil is great for sensitive skin, including your little ones.
- Diaper Rash Cream: Apply regularly to a baby’s bottom to improve skin health.
- Night Face Cream: Move over expensive treatments; coconut oil is the new kid on the block.
- Whiten Teeth: Use it alone or with baking soda for pearlier whites.
- Skin Moisturizer: Provides deep moisture without an oily residue.
- Deep Conditioner: Perfect for people with dry hair or who live in dry climates. Leave on hair for 20 minutes, and then rinse out.
Did we miss any of your favorite uses for coconut oil? Share in the comments!