September 22, 2014 – SimplyNature Organic Quinoa is a gluten-free powerhouse with the highest protein content of any other grain. With quinoa, you’re getting all eight essential amino acids, iron, fiber and calcium. It’s mild flavor and texture makes it a versatile grain that can be substituted for rice, pasta, burgers – you name it! Don’t miss it as a Special Buy this week – in all stores by 9/24.
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly prior to cooking to remove any residue.
- Combine ½ cup quinoa with 1 cup water or broth in a pot. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let sit covered for 5 minutes.
- Quinoa is cooked when each grain is translucent and germ is clearly visible.
- Fluff with fork and serve.
Tip: To add extra flavor, cook your quinoa in chicken, beef or vegetable stock instead of water.
Quinoa for Dinner
Quinoa doesn’t have to play a supporting role in your dinner sides or salads – make it the star of your meal with easy quinoa patties. Loaded with wholesome grains and veggies, even your meat-loving friends will ask for seconds.
This Bunless Black Bean or Brown Rice Burger can easily be made with organic quinoa! Simply prepare your quinoa according to our directions above (or follow instructions on your quinoa package) and replace the black beans or brown rice for this fluffy, protein-packed ingredient.
Do you have a favorite quinoa creation? We want to know about it! Share your recipe in the comments.