October 24, 2014 – Hi there! Liz Mays with you today from A Nut in a Nutshell. We adults love our traditional Thanksgiving dinners, but it may take our children years to appreciate those same food traditions. Kids have their favorite meals and prefer not to stray too far from them, but there’s always a way to please everyone!
For a fun surprise, put a special kid-friendly twist on your Thanksgiving meal this year. You can still include family favorites like turkey, stuffing and cranberries, but prepare them in a way that will completely delight your kids! Try making these Thanksgiving meatballs on a mountain of mashed potatoes. The kids won’t be able to resist them, and neither will you!
1 pound Kirkwood Frozen Ground Turkey, thawed or Fit & Active 93% Lean Fresh Ground Turkey
1/4 cup Sweet Harvest Cranberry Sauce
1 tsp Stonemill Salt
1 tsp Stonemill Black Pepper
1 1/2 cups Cornbread Stuffing
2 12-oz. jars Chef’s Cupboard Homestyle Turkey Gravy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, combine turkey, egg, cranberry sauce, salt, pepper and stuffing mix.
- Form into 1-inch balls. Place on foil-lined cookie sheet and bake 20-25 minutes.
- While meatballs are baking, put gravy in a large skillet and heat.
- When meatballs are done, add to gravy. Cover; simmer on low heat for 5-10 minutes. Serve on top of mashed potatoes.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Liz Mays, A Nut in a Nutshell.