August 16, 2016 – Dorm room cooking can be challenging, but your meals don’t always have to involve microwaved noodles! Solve your college cooking conundrums with a few easy tips and tricks.
Yes, you can cook eggs in the microwave! Serve it up in your favorite way either poached or in a quiche.
- Use a microwave-safe cup and cook for 45 seconds to a minute.
Coffee Pot Rice
Reach for the coffee pot next time you have a rice craving.
- Place ½ a cup of instant rice in the coffee maker.
- Using the suggested water amount from the instant rice package and run water through the coffee maker.
- Leave machine turned on for five to 10 minutes until rice is fully cooked.
Coffee Ice Cubes
What’s college without coffee? Next time you’re in a rush, give your coffee a cool-down with a coffee-cube or two. You can also add to iced coffee for a less watered-down beverage.
- Using freshly brewed coffee, pour into an ice cube tray.
- Let the coffee cubes freeze.
- Add to your favorite hot or iced coffee and enjoy.
Waffle Grilled Cheese
Say hello to your new best friend – the waffle maker grilled cheese. Check out our other waffle iron tips here.
- Butter outside of both pieces of bread.
- Place cheese and other desired ingredients between bread.
- Place together and clamp the waffle iron down.
- Cook until golden brown on each side.
A spicy, crunchy take on classic cheese and crackers. Perfect for those late-night cravings.
Make these overnight for an easy grab-and-go breakfast!
Are you a dorm room cooking expert? Share your tips below!