April 28, 2014 – Hi everyone, this is Liz from A Nut in a Nutshell, and I’m happy to be back here again with a wonderful idea for Mother’s Day. I decided to think of a special breakfast idea that would really warm a mom’s heart, and I think I hit on it with this delicious Cherry Streusel Coffee Cake. Even better…it’s made in the slow cooker! The layers of streusel and cherry filling make it look fancy, but I promise you that it’s very simple to put together.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
Cherry Streusel Coffee Cake
1 21-oz. can Baker’s Corner Cherry Pie Filling
3 tbsp. Baker’s Corner Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Stonemill Essentials Ground Cinnamon
1 cup Baker’s Corner Brown Sugar
¾ cup Millville Quick Oats
¾ cup Baker’s Corner All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Stonemill Essentials Ground Cinnamon
1 stick Countryside Creamery Butter (cold)
1 box Baker’s Corner Yellow Cake Mix
2 Goldhen Eggs, beaten
½ cup Friendly Farms Sour Cream
½ cup Baker’s Corner Evaporated Milk
½ tsp. Stonemill Essentials Ground Cinnamon
1. Coat inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. In small bowl, combine cherry pie filling, brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In separate medium bowl, combine brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until combined but still crumbly. Set aside.
4. In separate large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream, evaporated milk and cinnamon. Mix well.
5. Put half of cherry pie filling mix into bottom of slow cooker. Top with half of the oat crumble mix, and then half of the cake mix batter. Repeat layers using remaining half of ingredients.
Serve it on a pretty tray with some fresh fruit and juice, and you’re guaranteed to make mom smile. 🙂
Photos by Liz Mays for A Nut in a Nutshell.