December 21, 2015 – Happy Holidays, ALDI fans! Chris Nease here of Celebrations at Home. If you’re hosting Christmas dinner, you’ve come to the right place today. I’m sharing a beautiful tablescape to inspire you, plus a fantastic menu and recipes in partnership with ALDI.
This year I took a more neutral approach towards Christmas decor and decked our halls out in black and white. It’s a color combo I’ve been wanting to do for a few years, and I’ve loved having it this season.
This table setting is a mix of black and white with lots of natural greenery that adds a pop of color. I’ve included some delicious menu items and recipes made with ALDI ingredients that will make your holiday meal absolutely fabulous.
Christmas Dinner Party Plan:
- The place settings are very simple but still layered with details. Paper place mats and cards from Red Stamp look lovely with basic white dishes and twig cutlery.
- A wide ribbon in black and white stripes stretches the full length of the table.
- As an alternative to a traditional floral centerpiece, I created a natural table runner of greenery that surrounds candles in birch-looking holders. A mix of silver dollar eucalyptus from the store, and evergreen tree trimmings from the yard are overlapped and laid down the center of the table.
- To add interest I placed glittered pine cones, gold (spray painted) antlers, and decorative nests.
- The final detail is votive holders placed with a single white rose interspersed throughout the runner.
- Details added to each place setting are a single feather which reflects the nests in the centerpiece and a mini chalkboard tag as place cards.
- A delicious holiday meal includes a Specially Selected USDA Choice Bone-In Ribeye Roast* from ALDI (see recipe below),Lobster Macaroni and Cheese (add some surf to your turf meal), and a fantastic seasonal Squash and Baby Kale Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing.
- For dessert, you can make something from scratch and/or include a Belmont Supreme Cheesecake Sampler from the freezer section at ALDI.
This holiday meal plan is perfect for Christmas day with the family, or for a special dinner party with friends. It would also be a terrific plan for a New Years celebration at home too!
Red Wine Barbeque Ribeye Roast Recipe
6 pounds Specially Selected USDA Choice Bone-In Ribeye Roast*
2 tablespoons Carlini Vegetable Oil
¼ cup Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
3 tablespoons Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Paprika
3 sprigs rosemary, minced
2 large onions, chopped
1 cup chopped celery
2 large carrots, chopped
5 large russet potatoes, diced
750 milliliters Winking Owl Cabernet Sauvignon
1 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s Original Barbecue Sauce
- Preheat oven to 500˚.
- Pat roast dry with paper towels, rub surface with oil.
- Combine salt, pepper, paprika and rosemary in a small bowl. Rub 7 tablespoons of salt mixture thoroughly over surface of roast. Place roast in a roasting pan and cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, toss onions, celery, carrots and potatoes with remaining salt mixture. Remove roast from oven and reduce temperature to 350˚. Place vegetables around roast. Return to oven and cook for 2-2½ hours or until internal temperature reaches 130°. Remove roast and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, bring wine to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, continue cooking until reduced by half. Whisk in barbecue sauce, continue to cook until desired consistency.
Squash and Baby Kale Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
1 small butternut squash, peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons Carlini Pure Olive Oil, divided
1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
2 cloves garlic, peeled and grated
1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
1/8 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
Carlini Canola Cooking Spray
6 strips Specially Selected Center Cut Bacon
1/2 tablespoon Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 cup Southern Grove Dried Cranberries
1 cup Southern Grove Sliced Almonds, toasted
2 cups packed SimplyNature Organic Baby Kale
2 tablespoons Tuscan Garden White Vinegar
1 tablespoon Burman’s Dijon Mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons Baker’s Corner Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a small bowl, combine squash, 1 tablespoon oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper and toss until well coated. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Transfer squash to baking sheet and roast about 10 minutes or until tender but crisp. Reserve.
- Place bacon strips on foil-lined baking sheet. Cook for 15 minutes or until crispy. Crumble bacon and reserve. In a small bowl reserve 1/4 cup bacon fat.
- In a small sauté pan, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook until caramelized, reduce heat to low after 10 minutes and stir every 5 minutes or as needed. Reserve in a large bowl.
- Add squash, bacon, onion, cranberries, almonds and kale; toss to combine.
- For the dressing: In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, mustard and brown sugar. Slowly drizzle in bacon fat and remaining olive oil until emulsified. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
*Available while quantities last. All products may not be available in all stores. Prices subject to change.