May 11, 2016 – Let’s get back to the basics with a little grub by the fireside. Nothing beats looking up at the stars and trading the hustle of the city for the serenity of nature this Memorial Day weekend. Pack up the car, grab your bug spray and let us worry about your campfire eats so all you have to worry about is who gets the last marshmallow.
Campfire Veggie Quesadillas
You can check off three of the main food groups with this recipe! Simple to make, even simpler to enjoy.
Summer Grilled Potatoes and Vegetables
Po-tay-to. Po-tah-to. Either way you say it, this side dish is on fire. Even our meat-eating friends will want to steal a bite, or two!
Grilled Vegetable Sliders
Make room on the picnic table and slide these tiny bad boys over. Healthy? Check! Easy? Check! Delicious? Double check.
S’mores Mac & Cheese
Combining dessert and comfort food? That’s the best of both worlds.
Now that food is all squared away, don’t forget some of these food travel tips as you plan:
- Pack meat and beverages separate from everything else.
- Pack meals in zip locks to minimize food prep at the campsite.
- Foods like frozen peas and corn double as ice packs.
- Block ice will last longer than ice cubes.
Before you hit the road, check out this week’s ALDI Special Buys:
- Adventuridge 14′ x 10′ 8 Person 2 Room Dome Tent*$69.99
- Adventuridge Rechargeable LED Camping Lantern*$12.99
- Adventuridge Sleeping Bag*$9.99
- Adventuridge Travel Hammock*$14.99
Do you have a favorite camping recipe or tradition? Tell us in the comments!
*Available while quantities last. All products may not be available in all stores. Prices subject to change.