February 24, 2015 – With the Easter bunny hopping into your house shortly, it’s time to start thinking about Easter crafts your little bunnies at home will love! These edible Easter baskets serve as a playful centerpiece during your Easter party or as a delicious dessert for the kids (and we bet the adults will love them, too!).
Crispy Rice Easter Baskets
Yields 12 baskets
Crispy Rice Baskets
5 cups Millville Crisp Rice Cereal
4 cups Baker’s Corner Miniature Marshmallows
2 tablespoons butter
Carlini Cooking Spray
2 containers of Baker’s Corner Vanilla Frosting
Food coloring (green, pink and blue)
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan on the stove over low heat and stir in the marshmallows until melted and evenly blended.
- Add cereal one cup at a time and stir until well-coated.
- To form the baskets, scoop handfuls of the crispy rice mixture into a muffin tin – spray your spoon with cooking spray to avoid sticking. TIP: Use a small cup to push down the middle of your basket slightly once in the muffin tin. Be sure to spray it with cooking spray to avoid sticking.
- While your baskets are cooling, separate your frosting into 3 bowls – 1 cup of frosting per bowl. Mix 1-2 drops of food coloring to each bowl to create pastel-colored frosting.
- When your baskets are cool, remove from the muffin tins and top with frosting. TIP: For more variety, add your favorite Easter candy to each basket.
Don’t have a muffin tin on hand? Form your crispy rice mixture into the shape of eggs and cool on parchment paper. When cool, dye your “eggs” with food coloring as if it was a normal Easter egg.
Do you have other tasty traditions at Easter time? Tell us in the comments!