August 26, 2015 – Our friends over at Bon Appétit are taking fresh inspiration from the ALDI aisles. From seasonal produce to quality cuts of meat, ALDI has exactly what you need for a well-stocked kitchen. Organic? Of course. Gluten-free? You betcha. Bring these everyday essentials into your home without breaking the bank.
If you’re feeling just as inspired as we are, try your hand at this delicious one-pan oven dish from Bon Appétit Executive Chef, Mary Nolan. At less than $10 for a family of four, a quick and tasty meal has never been so easy on your budget.
- 4 Tbsp. Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Stonemill Essentials Sea Salt, divided
- ½ tsp. Stonemill Essentials Italian Seasoning
- 1 (4-piece) package Kirkwood Boneless, Skinless Fresh Chicken Thighs (approx. 1½ lb.)
- 4 slices Specially Selected Prosciutto
- ½ large head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch long florets (approx. 4 cups)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 Tbsp. olive oil with lemon juice.
- In another small bowl, mix ½ tsp. salt with Italian seasoning.
- Unroll chicken thighs so they lay flat on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil-lemon mixture and rub to evenly coat on both sides. Sprinkle with seasoning mixture on both sides.
- Top each piece of chicken with a slice of prosciutto, pressing to adhere and tucking any extra under the ends. Space chicken pieces on baking sheet so they aren’t touching.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower with remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Sprinkle with remaining ½ tsp. salt; toss again. Distribute cauliflower in a single layer around (not on) chicken on the baking sheet. Bake until chicken is cooked through, 20–24 minutes.
- Remove chicken from baking sheet and place on serving platter to rest. Return cauliflower to oven; roast 5–10 minutes more, tossing halfway through for even cooking. Transfer cauliflower to serving platter with chicken.