April 22, 2014 – At ALDI, we’re all about being green and saving green! In fact, many of the eco-friendly things that we do every day in our stores are the reasons we are able to keep prices so low for you – our customers. How do we do it? Well, it’s simple:
We’re doing our part to help the environment, and here are five ways to do yours!
- Conserve power by unplugging electronics when they are not in use. Even when your electronics are turned off, they can still be using electricity.
- Try a natural, homemade cleaning product created from ingredients you can buy at ALDI.
- Skip the brown bag and plastic baggies, and pack lunches in reusable containers. Not only do these containers create less trash, they also protect that PB&J sandwich better from being squished in heavy backpacks!
- Create a recycling bin for your family. The kids can help sort through what can be recycled and what is trash.
- Ride your bike or walk whenever possible. Not only are you doing the environment a favor, it’s a great way to get in your daily exercise!