October 17, 2013 – Try these 9 different uses for melted chocolate the next time you want to turn a simple snack or dessert from enjoyable to heavenly:
- Dip pretzel sticks. Add sprinkles for color and texture.
- Drizzle on freshly popped popcorn.
- Drizzle in your morning coffee for a café mocha.
- Cover pre-made caramels and top with a pinch of salt.
- Coat homemade granola bars.
- Dip cake pops. Vary between white, dark and milk chocolate for a pretty presentation.
- Make chocolate coins. Pour slightly cooled melted chocolate in a plastic bag. Cut the end of the bag off and pipe quarter size circles on to wax paper. Add crushed pistachios and dried berries.
- Pipe it. Pipe out stars and hearts onto wax paper, dry and put on top of cakes and cupcakes.
- Last but not least – dip strawberries. We like them with dark chocolate.
ALDI Test Kitchen Tip: Have a few bars leftover? Shave some into a bag and store in your freezer to top cupcakes and cakes. Or, chunk it up, store in a bag and freeze for use in pancakes or cookies.