April 10, 2014 – With Easter right around the corner, we’re dishing up new takes on the classic deviled egg. It’s easy to transform these little morsels with a few extra ingredients to surprise and delight your taste buds. The ALDI Test Kitchen tried a bunch of different combinations before landing on four egg-cellent options.
First, we started with our Basic Deviled Eggs recipe:
12 Goldhen Large Eggs
3/4 cup Burman’s Mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Burman’s Yellow Mustard
1 teaspoon Burman’s Horseradish Sauce*
Place eggs in a medium pot, cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for five minutes, and then remove from heat. Allow to sit for 15 minutes, then drain water and cool.
Once eggs are completely cooled, peel and cut in half.
Scoop out yolks into medium bowl, smash the yolks until no chunks are visible. Add the mayonnaise, mustard and horseradish sauce. Mix well.
After you’ve made your mixture, try combining it with any of the topping twists below before you scoop it into the hollowed-out eggs:
- Crunchy: Combine your mixture with crumbled bacon to add a flavorful crunch.
- Tangy: Stir in diced shrimp and serve your eggs with a dollop of cocktail sauce.
- Savory: Add canned or fresh chopped mushrooms to your mixture for a savory treat.
- Spicy: Create “South of the Border” deviled eggs with black beans, diced tomatoes and hot sauce.
- Smooth: Add avocado to your mixture for a smooth, creamy texture.
Either pipe the mixture into the egg hollows with a piping bag or scoop it with two spoons evenly distributing the amount among the hollows. Can be refrigerated overnight and served the next day.
How do you like your deviled eggs? Classic or with a twist? Tell us your favorite recipe in the comments below!
*Seasonal items are available for a limited time only. Hurry in while these items are in stock.Home | Previous Page